I have been a professional artist for a while now, but my art hasn’t always been so pretty. There have been many learning lessons and growing moments in my artistic journey, and I want to share with you five major turning points. Five reasons my art went from bad to good…
Watercolor Supply Videos: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdb2U9SHuFlKJwcKAzcOqdJXbxwnmF2H6
How to Paint a Watercolor Iris: https://youtu.be/lFMVUYA2Y_U
How to paint a color wheel and what you learn from it: https://youtu.be/akMvmZkxSBw
CHECK OUT MY BEST-SELLING WATERCOLOR BOOKS!
Everyday Watercolor: https://amzn.to/2XJkWNU
Everyday Watercolor Flowers: https://amzn.to/2ZyIN4P
WHO DOESN’T LOVE FREEBIES?!
Floral Watercolor E-Book: https://jennarainey.com/floral-ebook
Watercolor, Art & Business Supply List: https://jennarainey.com/supply-list
Digitizing Watercolor (video): https://jennarainey.com/digitize-your-artwork
Vectorize Your Artwork (pdf): https://jennarainey.com/vector-guide
Stationery Design Guide Template: https://jennarainey.com/design-guide
Guide to Licensing Your Artwork: https://jennarainey.com/art-licensing-cheat-sheet
Pinterest Keyword Research Guide: https://jennarainey.com/keyword-research-guide
Email Marketing Toolkit: https://jennarainey.com/email-marketing-toolkit
5-Step Checklist for Email List Building: https://jennarainey.com/email-marketing-checklist
CONNECT WITH ME:
TURN YOUR ART INTO INCOME, my courses are here to help!
— Brand Plus Brand: The exact system to set up a thriving creative business so you can work less and live more, all while doing what you love! https://jennarainey.com/brandplusbrand/
— Pen to Press: Create and design beautiful paper products from digitizing your own artwork to setting up print files! Get your hands on my exact steps for setting up an amazing client experience. https://jennarainey.com/pentopress
— To browse ALL of my courses, head here: https://jennarainey.com/courses
*DISCLOSURE: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
*SUPPLIES I USE:
Princeton Heritage 4050 Round Brushes:
– Size 2: https://amzn.to/2IWtSvu
– Size 6: https://amzn.to/2VpcA0y
– Size 16: https://amzn.to/2XFfNXe
Winsor & Newton Professional Level Paint:
– Mars Black: https://amzn.to/2GFS2sl
– Burnt Umber (brown): https://amzn.to/2ZzEi9X
– Ultramarine Violet: https://amzn.to/2XGwemf
– Prussian Blue: https://amzn.to/2DtyUvR
– Phthalo Turquoise: https://amzn.to/2Q0Xp8t
– Cobalt Blue: https://amzn.to/2Hef8GP
– Manganese Blue Hue: https://amzn.to/3waV0Nh
– Permanent Sap Green: https://amzn.to/2ZyS7ph
– Lemon Yellow Deep: https://amzn.to/2Gxcjzc
– Yellow Ochre: https://amzn.to/2DCvbvX
– Scarlet Lake (red): https://amzn.to/2DxEo8E
– Opera Rose (pink): https://amzn.to/2IVVxfL
– Cadmium Orange: https://amzn.to/2XCtK8q
Legion Stonehenge Watercolor Paper: https://amzn.to/2GDaYH9
Watercolor Palette: https://amzn.to/3lFMuBa
Pantone Formula Guide: https://amzn.to/2VWHc9Y
Scanner Epson V600: https://amzn.to/2Z8ozzS
– Cameras (two): https://amzn.to/2Y10ate
– Close-up lens: https://amzn.to/2ZTWYS7
– Wide lens: https://amzn.to/3hPalKX
– Mic: https://amzn.to/32lmikB
– Audio Interface: https://amzn.to/35CKwJi
– Tripod: https://amzn.to/2Y3yX9n
– Monopod: https://amzn.to/2FFFxQ7
– Monopod (overhead shot on c-stand): https://amzn.to/2PNisvl
– Lights (two): https://amzn.to/3kBAkr3
– Softboxes (two): https://amzn.to/2ZXIlik
MUSIC: paid for and licenses acquired from Artlist.
00:00 – Brief history of me becoming an artist (something magical happened!)
00:30 – Me and John were just mid-west babies.
01:34 – My early watercolor wasn’t all that pretty (pics to prove)
02:51 – Early art career pics – the wedding industry grind…
03:38 – Let me give you FIVE growing moments, starting with…
05:13 – SECOND growing moment for becoming a better artist was…
07:04 – Shout out to my MOM! (You’re gonna want to see these pictures, lol)
07:35 – Mom’s mantra.
07:52 – My mantra.
08:18 – THIRD growth moment (or mindset) that helped me get better…
10:52 – Fourth growth moment REALLY took my art up a notch.
12:04 – Shots from Bearded Iris tutorial
14:06 – FIFTH practical growth moment that really elevated my art skills.
14:44 – An important lesson from my piano teacher…
17:58 – Now YOUR turn to share!